10 Best way to run successful DIGITAL MARKETING campaigns
To compete in the overly competitive digital landscape of 2020, you’ll need to focus on the topmost 10 specific areas.
While you’ve probably heard about these, how many details do you really need to know to make each one effective? They’re all the standards for this year and into the coming decade.
Take a look at each one and see how much you really know. Then assess what elements of them you need to hone in on. If you are thinking to launch a digital marketing campaign but not sure where to start? Or, you might be promoting a new product or service, or looking to increase exposure for your brand.
In this informative and interesting post, we’re outlining a few actionable recommendations that can help you understand how to launch a successful digital marketing campaign for your business. Let’s have a brief, where or how can we start:
1. Define your Objectives & Goals
Without any doubt, objectives are the most fundamental factors of any marketing campaign. Goals will find out the direction for the whole campaign, right from the general strategy to specific tactics. Identifying goals at the beginning will surely influence your creative & strategic ideas and this makes sure your campaign has a focus and it is the best way to optimize your potential return on marketing investment. Clear objectives and goals will unify teams working on the campaign if communicated effectively, and ensuring everyone has a shared vision and works towards the same goal. Campaign goals should be specific, realistic and measurable.
2. Do Competitor Analysis
“Know your enemy and you shall win 1,000 battles.” By knowing the nuts and bolts of all public areas of a competition’s marketing, you can better understand who they are targeting with their marketing, what content they are focusing on or where they have found the most success. Once you know this, you can better understand how you can and should position yourself on these mediums to stay one step ahead of your competitors.
Determine the strength and weaknesses of the competition because of the better understanding where your competitors are doing well, do find out where their prime focus is? What are they doing well that you are not focusing on enough? On the other hand, finding the areas where they are failing means you can determine areas of strength to highlight. Some popular competitors tools are –
3. Build A Great Strategy
Your digital campaign strategy must take into consideration every single aspect of the campaign, right from the target audience to the messaging approach, and from the channels of execution and budget. Remember, developing an effective strategy needs a deep understanding of the different online channels and how they work together, and the best practices to get maximum outcomes. Once nailed down, these strategic decisions must materialize into a broad plan that directs the whole digital marketing campaign.
4. Observe the behavior of your Audience
To launch a successful digital marketing campaign, you need to get to know and analyze your audience better. Although you may already have a strong understanding of your audience, it’s helpful to start by defining them in the context of your new marketing campaign because this will make sure that you begin with the right mindset, and ensure your messages remain the focus throughout. Spend time defining your target audience, finding where they spend most of their time online or how to reach them in the most effective ways. There are many keyword research tools to begin a well-rounded keyword foundation for SEO.
5. Do Keywords research to spread out your Business
You need to carry out effective research on keywords for the best suited digital marketing campaign. This is because it will ensure that the right people find your brand online. Expanding your keywords list will surely open the doors to plenty of new opportunities and potential clients & customers. Additionally, identifying unique and well-performing keywords help all areas of your business. Without new keywords, you can’t find new leads and customers and can’t grow your site traffic. Keyword expansion can improve your business and save you money.
6. Focus on mobile presence
Today, everyone is going mobile and people carry their Smartphones everywhere. Therefore, mobile marketing has become one of the most vital factors in driving business. if your digital marketing campaign isn’t mobile-friendly, no matter who your target audience is, then you will lose out on both existing clients and potential customers. Mobile impacts web development and design, user experience, content creation, and promotion. Whether it is an app or a mobile feature, you need to make sure that it adheres to their needs. These days, almost every organization or company spends a significant amount of money on mobile ads.
7. Launch A Retargeting Campaign
If you don’t want to let your potential customers go down the drain, then retarget your digital marketing campaign with paid ads. the very first step is to determine the segment of your target audience that you will want to retarget to. Didn’t get it. Let’s understand it with an example. “If you want to target people who viewed a product category, then items from that category all you need to lure them back in. On the other hand, if you want to retarget only people who visited your home page, then ads geared toward your whole brand identity as well as a sampling of the products or items you sell might perform better.” Some important Points to Keep in Mind When Retargeting is Freshen Up Your Creatives, Set a Cap for the Frequency of Ads and Maximize Your Campaign Performance with Specific Targeting.
8. Revise Your Calls to Action
Remember, a compelling and powerful call to action (CTA) is the cherry on the top of effective marketing. An excellent CTA helps you to attract more and more customers. A CTA is a region of the screen that drives the reader to click-through to engage further with a brand. In addition to this, sometimes just a button, sometimes it’s an image or other times it’s a reserved section of the digital asset. Keep in mind that it’s not just websites that can have a CTA, virtually every type of content can have it. Note- Keep your CTA highly visible and simple, Push Benefits over Features, Add a Sense of Urgency and Keep the action clear on your CTA.
9. Plan Your Future Content (Content Marketing)
Plan your future content, if want to engage or capture your target customers with informative and interesting posts. But, you need to ask a few questions before you begin planning, like What’s your aim for developing content? Why do you want to create content? Etc. To develop a successful plan, you need to clearly specify your content’s target audience (also known as your “buyer persona). Also, find out which types of content you want to create as there are a variety of options out there for content you can create such as Blogposts, Videos, eBooks, Infographics, Templates.
10. Influencer Marketing:
Have you thought about how you can take on a digital marketing campaign without having to spend a fortune? While you can save money doing email marketing and inbound techniques, hiring influencers does the same.
If you think hiring influencers to promote your brand online is all about hiring celebrities, think again. An influential person on social media doesn’t always have to mean being a celebrity. It can simply be someone with a lot of followers and a good track record of promoting products. You need to identify top influencers first, which is going to involve a little research. You can do this by doing hashtag searches on places like Twitter to see what people are saying about topics related to your industry.
Reach out to these influencers on social media and ask them if they’d be willing to promote your brand. Some may offer to do it in exchange for free products. However, most are going to demand a fee. Be sure to track your results to assure your ROI. Keep in mind those with fewer followers can have just as much influence as those with ten times the amount of followers.
Factor which will insist you to run a Digital Marketing Campaign:
Ultimately, A key factor that brought success to Digital Marketing is the emergence of skilled practitioners and marketing professionals leaning towards digital channels. These professionals are helping businesses from any level realize their full potential online, educating them on various tools and channels that can help build their brand and create a strong online presence for their products and services.
Why Use of Digital Marketing is Important for Your Business?
The majority of businesses, particularly in the micro, small and medium scale industries are still clinging to traditional marketing systems for promoting their products and services. They’re stuck with the same campaigns year-end and year out and expectedly receive the same level, if not declining, results in a rapidly evolving and networked marketplace. Those who have seen and realized the value and potential of Digital Marketing have transformed their marketing and sales campaigns to focus on online marketing channels.
Still, many businesses have not fully realized the full potential of Digital Marketing and would stick to the same marketing routines each year. As products and services evolve over the years, the same can be said true on how businesses promote these products and services to generate more sales. Eventually leading to Digital Marketing as the most effective means in this highly networked and interconnected modern world.
Tips on How to Set-up A Profitable/Best Digital Marketing Campaign:
1. Create a Website (if you don’t have one already)
The very first step of starting a digital marketing campaign is for your business to have a fully functional and running website. If you currently don’t have a website for your company then it’s about time to create one. There are lots of reliable providers out there that can help you create a lovely website for your business, 100% customized websites costs around $500 to $1,000 and up depending on the # of pages and the complexity of the website features. If you need any consultation to design/redesign website please contact us on (((YOU CAN ADD HERE WHAT EVER CONTACT INFORMATION))))
2. Direct Your Own Digital Marketing Campaign
Before starting out on a profitable Digital Marketing campaign for your business, owners should realize that they should remain at the forefront on their campaigns, just like in any other aspects of their business. Of course, it would be wise and practical to delegate certain aspects of Digital Marketing to experts and professionals in this field, but it should be you as the business owner who should maintain control of your company’s growth and overall vision using this marketing medium. The key here is to get a clear understanding of the tools you can have at your disposal that you can use for your Digital Marketing campaign.
3. Use The Top Digital Marketing Channels
If you are the business owner who already have a website for your business. The next step that you will need to do is to understand the different options that you can use to promote your website and business online. This is an integral part of digital marketing that you must pay attention to since these channels will be the primary source of your leads and prospects.
Top 3 Most Popular Digital Marketing Channels:
• Social Media Marketing – An integral and important aspect of Digital Marketing is learning to use and take advantage of the full potential of social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. From our latest survey, an online marketing company, companies who are spending more investments in Digital Marketing makes use of diverse social media platform for sales and marketing. Among these channels, the most popular and most effective for small business owners include Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Your business can also do the same and leverage on the power of these social media channels, making full use of the interactive technologies and channels that will create more and better engagement with new and existing clients, delivering a whole new level of personalized customer services that will generate more sales and brand loyalty.
• Search Engine Optimization – SEO means most organic ways to increase your visibility, by Optimizing a website to make it more search engine friendly is also another digital marketing channel that you can use to gain more targeted visitors for your business. Many times search engine optimization proved itself to be a powerful medium for any business because of its capability of providing your site the visibility that it needs online. It allows your site to be found in the most popular search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing when a visitor (who has a problem to solve) search for something online (either commercial, tips, reviews or academic).
• Pay-per-click – PPC is also a great digital marketing medium similar to SEO. But this relieved you from the fear of search engine or Google penalization when doing SEO. Instead, it allows you to tap into the massive Advertising channels provided by the search engines (Google Adwords by Google, Yahoo Search Marketing by Yahoo!, and Bing adCenter by Bing). By using PPC to generate traffic for your business, it allows you to be seen across these search engines (Google, Yahoo, and Bing) when a user searches or types a keyword. And the best thing about PPC is that you can target almost ALL the keywords that are related to your business and you will only pay them when someone clicked on your ad!
4. Understand Different Digital Marketing Metrics
After choosing the channels you’ll use for your Digital Marketing campaign, the next step is to identify and get a clear understanding of the various metrics that you should monitor and analyze to help you make your campaign more successful. These metrics will tell you what is working and what is not for your particular business niche, thereby saving you a significant amount of resources and focusing only on aspects of your Digital Marketing a campaign that would create the biggest impact. These metrics include:
• Visitors Analytics – These metrics can be as detailed as telling you information about where a particular visitor came from and what browser he or she used, but the key to using these metrics effectively is to serve as your gauge to determine if visits are getting smaller or expanding according to numbers and area of reach. If you have a subscriber or email list, the same principle applies true, with declines or increases in the size of your list dictating your next steps.
• Conversion Rates – Ideally, the number of visitors coming to your site that gets converted or takes an action and became subscribers or leads should be between 2% and 4%. Smaller numbers than these will tell you that there is something amiss in your Digital Marketing campaign. Another similar metric is the sale of the conversion rate that monitors how many of your site visitors eventually make a purchase and generate revenue for you.
• Revenue per Keyword – A clear indication of what works for your Digital Marketing the campaign is the number of leads as well as the revenue that a particular keyword has generated. This will help you gain an insight into what keywords will provide better results and stop focusing on less profitable ones.
5. Monitor the Success of Your Digital Marketing Campaign
Business owners should learn how to monitor and define the success they have achieved from their Digital Marketing campaign. The real value for Digital Marketing is if it will generate sales and profit for your business, and the ability to identify if you have succeeded in this aspect or not is vital for the direction to which your campaigns will be headed. It is up to the business owner however to define what constitutes success for him, which can be broken down into:
• Generate new leads and prospects
• Higher rankings in the search engines
• Increase in overall sales
• Recruit better employees and staff
• Better brand exposure and recognition
• Increased retention rates for existing customers
• Gain a considerable following in social media channels
Conclusion: Digital marketing has indeed helped businesses reach their highest potential, with our survey ((((YOU CAN USE HERE, WEBSITE/BUSINESS NAME & CREATE ONLINE LINE)))) putting success rates to as high as 60-70 percent. Business owners should realize that customers are now going online and are relying on online channels not only to purchase products and services, but to interconnect with other people from around the world. The only way to reach out to these online customers is to aggressively use online and Digital Marketing channels as well – or else get left behind by those who have successfully done so.